Upholstery fabric is the aspect that people do not consider when they buy a car, and they do not know that it can affect driving comfort. For this, we will talk about the best types of upholstery to the seats of a car, its characteristics, and how to take care of them to preserve them as new.
Types of upholstery
It is important to define to the client that there are many types of upholstery fabric for cars, and everything will depend on the style that each person wants. It can be upholstered with countless materials, but the main ones are:
This type of upholstery is used for high-end cars because it is quite expensive, and their durability is greater than other fabrics. As an advantage, it is easy to clean, and the result of its use makes the car looks luxurious inside. Furthermore, it resists temperature changes without damage its appearance.
Usually, it is used in most of the new cars because they have a lower cost, are easy to customize, and do not get so hot. These types of fabrics are for family cars. Also, they need to be cleaned regularly to prevent damage and can be changed much easier than other tapestries. The main types are:
· Alcantara fabric: It has a great resemblance to leather, and usually comes installed in sports cars.
· Auto cloth: It is the most common in cars nowadays, and there is a wide variety of colors.
· Microfiber fabric: It is a fabric with synthetic fibers that, due to its physical characteristics, can be used to upholster a car.
It is a fabric that is not as exclusive as leather, but it is not a standard material as fabric. This type of material resists high temperatures, but not as well as leather does, and it is not necessary to clean it as often as ordinary cloth. It can be obtained in high-end cars of any recognized brand.
What kind of fabric is best for car?
Now is the moment to choose the best kind of material for an automobile because we already know the varieties of upholstery used nowadays by vehicles. The best type of fabric for cars will depend on the style that the person looks for, their tastes, and the model he is using.
It means that any of the three types of fabrics mentioned above are the best fabrics for cars that exist. But, if we could choose between one kind of material, it would be the Alcantara. It is an exclusive fabric for any type of car. Its characteristics are perfect for any occasion and will make you feel like you are in a luxury car.
How to protect the car upholstery
Now, we are going to talk about the cleanliness and maintenance of the upholstery. All types of seats in the cars must take care to last for many years. That is the reason why we will give you tips to maintain the upholstery of your car in perfect conditions:
· Avoid eating food in the car: It is normal for children to eat sweets or fast food inside the vehicle, but we advise you to stop allowing it. In this way, you prevent stains in the seats.
· Vacuum the seats: When you have cloth seats, it is advisable to vacuum them once a week to remove the dust, the dirt, or the crumbs of food.
· Remove stains: If the seat is stained for any reason, you should remove them as soon as possible. In this way, you will preserve the cloth and avoid its deterioration.
· Do not smoke cigarettes: This reason is obvious because a single burn in the seat could make irreparable damages.
· Apply a nutrient product (leather and alcantara): Cleaning the leather seats is much easier than the others. A special leather product should be applied a few times a year to prevent cracking.
Levantex car fabrics
If we already choose the best types of upholstery fabric for cars and how to care for them, now we need to get the best company that can develop your ideas. The perfect company to get the best of it is Levantex.
This company does not specialize in fabrics for cars, but as a fabric manufacturing company, and they can develop new ideas to help people who need some upholstery for a vehicle. Feel free to make contact with them, and place an order of upholstery wholesale.