Searching for information regarding Global Recycle Standard? This article talks about what it is, who should use it, and what are the benefits of GTS.
What is Global Recycle Standard?
The Global Recycle Standard is an international, voluntary and product standard and according to this, a third- party is certified for recycled material, chain of custody, social and environmental practices and chemical usage limitation. These are the standards set to protect the environment from the harm of capitalism and industrialization.
The main goal of the Global Recycle Standard is to increase the use of recycled material in the production of the good and in turn reducing or eliminating the environmental degradation chances due to their production.
For who is the Global Recycle Standard?
The Global Recycle Standard is for companies and industries of the textile industry, agricultural sector, tanning industry and other production sectors. Is intended to meet the needs of companies looking to verify the recycled content of their products and to verify responsible social, environmental and chemical practices in their production process.
Objective of the GRS:
Followings are the objectives of the GRS:
- Take a look on the Recycled input materials.
- Provide information to brands and consumers, so they can make a wise decision.
- Protect people and the environment from the harms of the textile production sector.
- Provide assurance that materials in the final product are actually recycled and processed more sustainably.
- Drive advancement intending to quality issues in the utilization of recycled materials.
They make sure that the company is accomplishing the standards set and the customer is getting the best solutions. GRS is made for companies that have products of at least 20% of recycled products in them. This standard is made for the certification of every step of production to the final transaction with the customer.
What are the benefits of getting this standard?
These standards help companies to verify the recycled materials which they are intended to use for the production of their products, and they also verify the social, environmental and chemical practices which are usually adopted by companies. GRS is a standard which makes sure that no social exploitation is being done in the labour, no child labour is being practised, and providing all the information about the products being used.
In terms of environment, it protects it from degradation by ensuring the use of recycled materials. While chemical limitation is there to make sure no harmful chemical is being used which can deteriorate the environment and the health of the user.
In terms of companies, it can help a company to flourish well without harming the environment and the population.
The GRS requires a company to comply with its conditions and standards to get a certificate that guarantees the company is the best one in terms of environment, social and chemical practices.
Social requirements of Global Recycle Standard
Forced or Prison Labor requirements:
- All work will be directed on a deliberate premise, and not under threat of any punishment or assents.
- The utilization of constrained or necessary labour in all of its forms, including jail work when not as per ILO Convention 29, is precluded.
- Certified Organizations will not expect labourers to make financial assurances and will not hold identity archives (e.g.: visas, personal ID cards, and so on), nor retain compensation outside a lawful binding agreement.
- Reinforced work is precluded. Any organization will not utilize any type of fortified work nor allow or urge labourers to bring about obligation through enlistment charges, fines, or different methods.
Child Labor requirements:
Organizations will follow:
- The national least age for work;
- The compulsory Education completion age;
- Or any determined special cases;
- Also, will not employ any individual younger than 15, can employ anyone with a higher age. Assuming, notwithstanding, nearby least age law is set at 14 years old enough as per creating nation special cases under ILO Convention 138, this lower age may be employed.
Organizations will not employ kids for work nor misuse them in any case. If the youngsters are seen as working legitimately or by implication for the Certified Organizations, then they will look for a delicate and agreeable argument that puts the eventual benefits and interests of the child first.
Ensured Organizations will not force or employ youngers under the age of 18 years later at night, or in other cases which threats their health, their safety and security or their ethical respectability, or any conditions that may harm them physically, mentally, spiritually, morally or social improvement.
Working hours requirements:
- Affirmed Organizations will set working hours that agree to national laws or benchmark industry guidelines or important universal guidelines, whichever manages more prominent insurance to guarantee the health, safety and assistance of labourers.
- Certified Organizations will respect that the standard admissible working hours in seven days are 48, excluding extra time. Labourers will not be required to work more than 48 hours every week.
- Extra working hours will be deliberate, will not surpass 12 hours every week and will not be asked on a regular basis.
- Any organization will regard all labourers right to breaks during work shifts and allow one free day following six sequential working days, including the public and yearly holidays.
Health and safety requirements:
- Contended Organizations will give protected and clean conditions at the workplace and private offices and will build up and follow a methodology controlling work-related safety and health.
- Crisis methodology will be obviously shown and justifiable to all labourers, and risks will be obviously checked.
- Confirmed Organizations will find a way to prevent mishaps. Furthermore, injury to workers emerging out of, related with, or happening in the course of work, by limiting, so far as is sensibly practicable, the reasons for perils characteristic in the workplace. Powerful and defensive equipment will be given for personal protection.
- They will give access to satisfactory clinical help and facilities.
The opportunity of affiliation and viable acknowledgement of the privilege to aggregate bargaining:
- Labourers reserve the privilege to join or structure worker's organizations or labourers relationship based on their very own preference and to deal with all things considered, without earlier approval from Certified Organizations' administration. Associations will not meddle with, block or prevent such authentic activities.
- Where the privilege to the opportunity of affiliation and aggregate bargaining is confined or denied under law, Certified Organizations will not block elective types of autonomous and free workers’ portrayal and exchange, as per universal working norms.
- No one will oppress or punish labour representatives or worker's trade individuals in view of their participation in or alliance with a worker's organization, or their authentic worker's trade movement, as per worldwide working norms.
- They will give workers representatives access to the work environment so as to complete their delegate capacities, in agreement with global work models.
Focus of GRS
The Global Recycle Standard is a full product standard that is necessary for third-party certifications of:
- Identification of recycled content in textile with a complete chain of custody
- Environmental requirements
- Social responsibilities according to the ILO conventions
The Global Recycle Standard helps companies verify recycled content that is generated after production, and to verify social and environmental and chemical practices in the production of these products. The major priorities of the Global Recycle Standard are to make sure the content follows the defined requirements by this standard to reduce hazardous environmental and chemical impacts as much as possible.
In Levantex we have quality standards and environmental protection regulations, to produce what the customer needs, without damaging the ecosystem. We produce products in an environmental and social-friendly environment; there are no long hours of labour, no lower quality fabric, and no extra work burden on the labour. Moreover, as mentioned above, the company has made sure that it is not contributing towards the destruction of the planet by polluting or by killing its inhabitants; animals, plants and humans.
Levantex is positioned as one of the best textile companies in Valencia. We investigate to know the market demand, offer the best solutions, and advise all buyers about the products they are interested in. If the fabrics we have do not meet your needs, we will look for ways to create new ideas to meet customer expectations.