We are experiencing changes in the climate and global warming; because the human being has contaminated the oceans with plastic and all kinds of waste that are not biodegradable. However, a majority of people have become aware and have decided to make eco-friendly and sustainable products to reduce damage to the environment. We will tell you about the most sustainable fabrics for 2020, the benefit of using them, and what they are made of.
What is a sustainable fabric?
The sustainable fabrics are standard fabrics such as cotton, wool, or polyester; their manufacture and composition are special to be eco-friendly. All eco-friendly or sustainable materials are made without any chemicals. Still, if we talk about synthetic fabrics, old fabrics are used, and plastic is used that can cause damage to the planet.
There are famous brands that use sustainable fabric such as Nike, Zara, Pull & Bear, but no one has paid attention to the origin of the fabric that they use daily. There are many questions about this fabric, but there is nothing to fear because they can be better than the common ones, you only need to know that they are resistant to pests, water and are fresh.
The most sustainable fabrics
We already know what it is a sustainable fabric, who uses it, and why people want to take care of the environment. Now we will talk about the most sustainable materials for 2020, what they are made of and all the unique features that make it different from the others:
● Bamboo: It is hard to believe that panda bear food can be transformed into cloth. Bamboo has excellent water resistance; it is easy to dye and is hypoallergenic. It also grows much faster than any other material to make cloth.
● Alpaca: Alpacas fur is silky, shines, is light, and grows fast. For winter they are perfect for keeping warm and are biodegradable because they are natural fur.
● Recycled Cotton: Cultivation without pesticides, chemicals, and the application of natural fertilizers is the main difference between commercial cotton and Recycled Cotton. It can be a bit expensive because it takes about three years to grow, but it is one of the best options to take care of the environment and wear an excellent outfit.
● Linen: The linen is obtained from the Flax plant and is one of the few plants that are used entirely to make fibres and then fabrics. Flax is the perfect plant to make fabric because it is 100% Biodegradable and can grow anywhere.
● Econyl: This fibre is from Aquafil and consists of reusing and regenerating all nylon fibres that are considered waste. This may be the most necessary fabric because fishing nets in the sea are the first pollutant that damages the marine ecosystem and can help reduce the amount of nylon in the sea.
● Poliester: Plastic is the biggest enemy on the planet. Some companies are processing discarded plastic to convert it into polyester, take advantage of pollution, and contribute to a much cleaner world. If eco-friendly polyester were made much more, the use of oil to make it could be significantly reduced.
● Piñatex: If you can get bamboo fabric, why not pineapple fabric? Piñatex is a fabric that is manufactured with the fibres of the pineapple leaf, has excellent properties for the skin, and takes care of UV. Pineapple fabric exists since 2016 but will remain in use throughout 2020.
● Qmonos: Sustainable fabrics not only help to keep the environment clean, but it also helps animals not be exploited to get fibre from them in captivity. Silk spiders were utilized to get a reasonably expensive thread, but a company tired of animal exploitation created a synthetic fibre similar, 100% Biodegradable, and much more resistant.
● Mylo: Caring for the planet is possible, and with this type of fibre made by the roots of fungi, it makes it much more eco-friendly. If you want to dress fashionably in a leather jacket, but you're vegan, there's no problem because Mylo fabric may be the best imitation leather.
Why buy sustainable Fabric?
We talk about all types of sustainable fabrics for 2020, some benefits, and how you can use them. Let's talk about why you should exchange standard fabrics for eco-friendly fabrics:
● Better protection: they not only take care of UV skin but also take care of body heat, ventilation, and are resistant to mites and parasites.
● They are biodegradable: If all our products were biodegradable, garbage would not exist. In other words, if we buy more biodegradable things, it would be better for the environment.
● Is easy to dye: it is much easier to dye fabrics with dyes without toxic substances if they are made of bamboo, pineapple, or recycled Cottom. If sustainable Fabrics are used, it will be better for the atmosphere, will reduce printing costs, and will be better than standard fabrics.
Where can I buy sustainable Fabric?
You should know that the responsibility of maintaining the environment without garbage belongs to everyone who lives in the world. If you are interested in buying eco-friendly fabrics or are interested in sharing this alternative fabric, you are in the right place. In Levantex we are committed to helping keep the planet healthy. We collaborate with SEAQUAL, an initiative that contributes to keeping our oceans clean, giving an extra value to the residues collected from the sea. If you also want to fight against climate change and save our planet, contact us and ask for our sustainable fabrics.